Well, today I couldn't have felt less like cooking. I was tired and hungry, not a good combination, but once I got going I enjoyed it. I had no choice, it was cook or starve, and anyone who knows me also knows I won't starve. Pork again, mainly becasue I got a good deal on it, and it's on the top of the freezer. You can also make this with 2 chicken breasts.
Spicey Cajun Pork in Tomato
Ingredients (Serves 2)
2 Pork Loin Chops chopped into strips.
1 finely chopped onion
1 clove of garlic
390g chopped tomatoes
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp crushed dried chillis
2 tbsp olive oil
200g sliced buttom mushrooms
Heat the oil in a fryin pan.
Add the pork and the cajun seasoning, and fry for 5-6 minutes on a medium heat.
Add the onions, paprika, garlic, crushed chillis and the onions, and fry for another 6-7 minutes stiring regularly until the onions start to brown.
Tip in the mushrooms and tomatoes, and stir in.
When boiling, turn down the heat, and simmer gently for another 15 minutes, until it has reduced to form a nice thick shiney sauce.
Server with rice or cous-cous, and a little bit of salad if you have some.

No comments:
Post a Comment