I have been making this for years. It tastes great, and can be made with pork, chicken, bacon or turkey. My dad used to make fried rice when I was a kid, I got a lot of the recipe from watching what he did when he made it. This is a great way to use up a small amount of left over meat, as it goes a long way in this dish. The quantities aren't really important, I often use left over rice rice too. So you can adapt it to suite your ingredients.
Serves 2 to 4 depending on appetite.
Ingredients
1 mug of rice (I use basmati)
2 pork loin chops
1 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
Soy Sauce
1 tsp Sugar
1 Onion - finely chopped
1 Egg - whisked
1/2 Mug of Frozen peas
Vegetable Oil
1. Cut any fat or skin off the meat, and slice into small pieces. I like mine fairly small, about bite size so it's easy to eat. Place in a bowl, add the Chinese 5 spice, the sugar, and a good splosh of soy sauce. Mix it up, cover, and allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes, longer is better.
2. Place 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan or wok. Heat the oil, and add the meat, fry on a medium heat for about 10 minutes, until cooked through and nicely browned. Set aside for later.
3. Cook the rice according to the instructions. For Basmati rice, soak for about 15 minutes and rinse. Simmer in plenty of boiling water for about 10 minutes. Strain in a seive and rinse in boiling water straight from the kettle. Set this aside for later.
4. Place 2 tbsp oil in the frying pan or wok. Heat the oil, add the onions and gently fryuntil soft and translucent. Add the peas, and fry gently for a further few minutes. Add the beaten egg, and keep stiring and tossing it to break the egg up as it cooks. Add the meat and toss it all about for a minute.
5. Add the rice to the pan, and mix it all thoroughly whilst on a medium heat. Add a good few shakes of Soy Sauce and keep stiring until it's all mixed in and piping hot.
Serve with egg noodles and maybe some curry sauce. Any fool can cook noodles, just read the packet. I prefer the small egg thread noodles.
Enjoy
x

No comments:
Post a Comment