Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Onion Bhajees

Well, this is a favourite of mine. It's another recipe from The Curry Secret. I like to serve them up with mango chutney, yoghurt mint sauce and a bit of salad. I cooked this on Saturday, it was so nice, we are having them again on Friday!



Recipe (Serves 4)

4 medium onions
8 oz (225g) gram flour
4 level teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoon mint sauce
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon finely chopped green coriander
1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
1 litre Oil for deep frying

Peel and thinly slice the onions.

Sift the gram flour and salt into a bowl and add enough water to make a stiff batter.

Add the onions and all the remaining ingredients to the batter and mix well.


Drop tablespoonfuls of the measure into hot oil and fry for about three minutes.

Remove the bhajees and press into circular flat patti shapes. I squash them between 2 plates.

Return to the oil and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the outside is dark brown.

It's nice to have a few authentic dishes...

P.S. I had a few comments about the poor quality of the pictures. I'm no photographer, but I hope they are getting better. Hopefully it doesn't look like I have made a plate of "Brown" !!

No comments:

Post a Comment