Saturday, 15 January 2011

Mango Chutney

After an emergency trip to McDonalds, to top up on junk food, we made some Mango Chutney. It's bloody lovely, but I never realised how much 4KG of mangos would be......

Here's just a few!


It's a lot. The original recipe was for 2 KG, but being a smart arse I doubled it, and couldn't fit it in the pan. Luckily Emma has 2 big pans :)

Served up with some Yoghurt Mint Sauce and a little chopped salad.

Recipe is from "The New Curry Secret", slightly modified.
Makes about 2-3 jars

2kg Mangos peeled and chopped.
350g Sugar
2 Chillis Chopped
500ml White wine Vinegar
2tsp Grated Ginger

Put it in a big pan, bring to the boil, and simmer for an hour.

Sugar and chilli. I thought it looked nice.


I suggest you buy the book, it's probably the best curry book I have ever bought.

I had a bit too much liquid after an hour, so I removed some from the pan with a ladel.

I like it smooth, so I blended it.

Then I put it into sterilised jars.

Here's my haul of chutney, in its jars. The tall one in the middle is an imposter, and it just some of the juice I removed. I thought I'd keep it and use it as a pouring sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment